Thursday, September 11, 2008

Phone calls

Robby is now obsessed with wanting to call my mom. He brings me my phone and signs & says Babu about five times a day. It's really sweet but I'm sure my mom doesn't really have time to chat that often. I think he likes calling her cause she is great at talking to him and sings him songs and does animal noises.... it's very entertaining for him. And of course he can see her picture on the phone while he's talking which is a must. I had to add her picture to "M&D Home" for when we call their house phone cause he was frustrated he couldn't see "Bu!" (I only had her pic on Mom Cell) Ahhh! Here's how one call went the other day:

Calling Babu on the phone... it's ringing....
"Voicemail?! What the heck?!?"
"Hmm, you think you can pacify me with fruit snacks?"
"OK, I guess you can! Yum yum!"

This little man is so determined and always knows just what he wants. It's hard to get him distracted once he gets mind set on something. Instead of constantly calling Babu we're trying to branch out and phone a few other people.... so today we talked to Lindsay, Olivia, and Vanessa! We did call Babu once but she didn't answer.

So the weather here in Utah has quickly turned and those hot summer days look like they are gone for good! We've had a few dark rainy days which is unusual but as Utahans say, "we're grateful for the moisture." Wish you could hear my best Utah accent with that.... Robby is not so grateful for this cool weather and he keeps bringing me swim diapers and freaking out when I try to explain it's too cold for the pool. The other day I indulged him and we went out, inbetween rainstorms, for about 20 minutes and played mostly in the hot tub. He got in the kiddie pool but it felt like an ice bath for me so I did not.

We were able to play at the park this afternoon with Becca, Amy, and cousins and it was a beautiful day with a nice breeze. I'm glad I don't have to stand in the sun sweating to death while he runs all over tarnation! Hopefully this fall weather last for a long time because I'm not looking forward to being stuck indoors all day with an 18 month old!

I've been a slacker blogger lately and I'll try to do better. I feel bad for people who do not use google reader and check my blog regularly only to find it hasn't been updated! I'll work on it....
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Yes- you need to blog more...

And, freak, that baby is cute. My fav pic is that "voicemail??" one.

Tell him I'm sorry I wasn't much fun on the phone today. my kids came this close to being sold to the circus.

And I'm not looking forward to the snow either. Curse the snow & the dang moisture!(are you sensing what kind of day I had here?)

Smithy said...

he's getting so big! very cute

The Thatchers said...

Ha ha, I love it!! Don't you just love it that they think they are so "grown up"!! I love each and every stage!! They just keep getting more fun!

Pincockbears said...

what a sweetheart- calling Babu for animal sounds. That is a good skill for all Babus to have!
btw, he is soooo blonde it's hard to believe!