Thursday, February 07, 2008

Dog Sledding

Today I did something that I've never done before--dog sledding. It was pretty intense and I had a great time. You might think that dogs wouldn't like pulling a bunch of humans around, but it actually seems like they do in fact enjoy doing it. See for yourself . . . .



The dogs could barely be held back--they kept trying to take off before the driver was ready.


We sat in the front part of the sled where they would normally keep their gear.

Overall it was a very enjoyable experience. If you get a chance somewhere you might want to try it out!

After that we decided to go ice skating for real--we had a fun "hockey" game with a smashed soda can and some makeshift goals and no sticks. It was pretty fun.

5 comments:

Esther Noelle said...

I really can't believe you got to do this. It looks so amazing. Didn't you say if you ever wanted a dog it'd be one like that?

Olivia Carter said...

That is the coolest thing ever, Rob. Oh, & Scott was wondering what resort you're at?

Rob Parsons said...

Yes--if I ever got a dog I would want one like this--most of them are at least part Alaskan Husky. I think it would be cool to have an Alaskan Husky/Wolf mix.

I just wouldn't want to keep it inside because of all the hair, but I think these dogs are awesome.

And we're staying at Squaw Valley, but also went to Sugar Bowl up near Truckee, CA.

Lindsay Jane said...

That is SO cool, I'd love to go dog sledding. And I think you should get a dog. Just maybe not a wolf.

Lindsay Jane said...

Robby - you and Becca have the same chin. Just an observation.