Monday, February 25, 2008

Letting go...


Just starting last week Robby has been letting go of things and standing on his own for a few seconds at a time. The other morning after I nursed him I put him back in his crib to play for a bit while I tried to read my scriptures (this is our morning routine)… after a few minutes he was standing up holding on to the edge and it was like he called out to me and when I looked up he smiled, kind of took a step back from the bars, and then let go... smiling at me and laughing when he lost his balance and had to reach back out for the bars. I was shocked! We clapped and laughed! I knocked on the wall to wake up Rob and so he came in and we watched him do it several more times. I got some of it on video even. It was just so cute how he got my attention and then was so proud of himself and happy about it….

Not that walking isn't going to be awesome but crawling is still cool and leads to brain development - the longer babies crawl, the better really! Sometimes I feel like he’s just growing up so fast! Each new stage is exciting but does time really have to go by so quickly?

6 comments:

Nancy said...

What a brave little boy! He's getting to be so big! I can't believe he's almost a year already...it goes by SO SO fast! I can't get over how fast it's going! I don't think I ever will.

Olivia Carter said...

Gosh, he is just the cutest little guy! Look at all those smiles!

Josh and Melissa said...

Esther!
I was so excited to get your comment. Now we can keep in touch!! Baby Robby is getting so big and he is such a cutie!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

When does Robby want to come over and play? Or when can I come over? I really want to make this work...

Cindy said...

This is such a cute story. It just makes you think that they really do know more than we think they do. He totally was trying to get your attention!! :) Oh... I know what you mean. It DOES go by too quickly. I LOVE every stage Jack is in. Right now is so fun - don't you think!

Lindsay Jane said...

He's so big! And SO cute...I'm excited to see him (and you!) tomorrow.