Thursday, February 07, 2008

Missing daddy....OR Poop in the tub....



Robby and I are fending for ourselves this week while Rob's skiing with his family in Tahoe. We sure miss daddy! The first night he was gone was definitely kind of rough! Let me explain...

We took Rob to the airport in the morning and took the opportunity to go see Tab and the girls and go to lunch in Sugarhouse with them. Hurray for Utah having Chipotle! Then we went back down to Provo... hit Smith's before going home.... So Robby had about 60 min of nap instead of 4 hours which equals cranky until bedtime.... awesome! I decided to try giving Robby some yo-baby yogurt again only to discover that YES he does still spit it all back up! So over the course of an hour I changed BOTH of our outfits twice.... and still smelled like sour spit up. Yuck. Then we spent about an hour with him in only his diaper eating - I let him go crazy with a biter biscuit which last time looked like this. We moved the party to the tub and after a few minutes of happy play time (sorry if this is TMI) I look over and to my horror see all this disgusting poop floating in the tub! Robby was pretty interested in this, as you can imagine. Ugh! I've heard of other kids pooping in the tub but this was my first time experiencing this... So I pulled him out and set him on a towel while I tried to clean out the tub.... he fell and bonked his head on the toliet.... ugh.... lets just say bedtime could not come fast enough!!!

Anyways! I'd post some pictures but I let my sweet husband take our camera on his trip and made him promise to blog while he was there so come on, honey, we're waiting! We are anxiously awaiting daddy's return! And sorry, Rob, but I'm probably going out to eat every day till you get here for my sanity break!

PS - So great that you all are voting in the poll this week! Cafe Rio is tearin' it up! I have to admit, I voted for Rice King. It's my favorite but often gets out voted. For those who haven't visited this amazing eating establishment you need to! It's on Center Street & 300 West in Provo - kind of a hole in the wall Chinese place but the food is awesome, especially the cream cheese wontons!!!! Ahhhh! So good....


6 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

I still laugh about this story- it sounds like something that happens in the Carter household! Love it!

Rebecca said...

Esther, good luck surviving the week. So sorry about all the extra stressors that really make you need a break at the end of the day! You deserve some going out to eat, so have fun! And yes, I too think I'd have to vote Rice King over Cafe Rio, although it's a close one, and somehow I couldn't actually make it final enough to vote! :) But those cream cheese wontons, they're worth a plane ticket out there!

katd said...

I am so impressed that you're handling things on your own for so long! Lily and I have days where Troy isn't home because of his schedule but never a week.
And the poop in the tub!! Oh my. Lily pees nearly every time that little behind hits the water, but we've avoided the poo so far. Fingers crossed, right? :)

Are the naps getting better? We had two good days due to the joys of Baby Ambesol, but today she only took one and it was a struggle getting her to sleep. Crazy kids! :)

Lindsay Jane said...

I will eat out with you every day until Robby's return. I know that's only 2 more days, but there are 4 meals to be eaten!

And BTW, I think baby Robby has liked me more since Robby has been gone. Not sure what that means, but I'm a little nervous for Robby's return, things have been going so well!

The Bobos said...

It's always when the hubbie is gone that the craziness starts. It's like they know you're on your own so they give you a run for your money!! Well, no matter what happens, I think you're such a good mom and you're doing great!

mostly Stacy said...

from the look on Robby's face I think he was lotting th poop all along. Really, I don't think he could be any cuter