Monday, September 24, 2007

He has never done this before...


Saturday I went to lunch with Lindsay and Liv and as usual we spent about 2 1/2 hours at Costa Azul - eating but mostly just talking. Robby was getting really fussy and tired but I was thinking I'd be leaving soon and maybe he'd fall asleep in the car or even make it home to sleep in his crib. I set him on my knee and bounced him and he calmed down... and then calmed down even more... and then just went limp in my arms. I looked down in shock, "Is he asleep??" Yup. Sure enough he had just closed his sweet little eyes and fallen asleep. I can't remember him ever just falling asleep in such an awkward/unsupported position. For the first 3 months he needed to be swaddled, shushed, jiggled, rocked... then he liked to sleep only on his tummy... now that he's rolling around he seems to favor his side... and of course would occasionally fall asleep in his car seat or stroller... but never just sitting up like this. I thought it was pretty cute.

7 comments:

Smithy said...

Super cute! yay for growing up babies

Anonymous said...

Congrats, that is great news. I still need to see him since the last time was the day after he was born...

Nancy said...

He's such a cute little guy. Luckily for me, Rachel takes after her dad and can sleep just about anywhere in just about any position imaginable.

Olivia Carter said...

he was so cute that day! what a handsome fellow!

MEREDITH said...

How cute I can't wait for my little Sofie to do that... He is such a cutie...

Kyrsten said...

Esther! It was great to hear from you! We went to Jacksonville this last Summer. I missed having you as the A.M. We had a real character this last year, and couldn't get much done. I loved looking at your blog. You've got a cute family. What's new with ya? Have you started any type of solid foods with Robby?

stephanie said...

this post makes me want to buy a plane ticket just to go to Costa w/ you guys (even though it's usually an LBG thing, you guys have always been good at letting me tag along). I love talking to you girls, love eating costa, and to do that w/ babies too!? Dream!