Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Thank goodness for the mall...


Yesterday and today Robby has been especially fussy... and hungry! (Baby Robby that is! ;D) It seems like he wants to eat non-stop and his awake time has been a little difficult. I'm hoping this is a growth spurt... one that only lasts a couple days. It's tough to know what exactly is bothering him when he is probably going to be teething soon. The drool has definitely been around for months now... he didn't seem to love his refrigerated teether toy and I can't feel any teeth but who knows!? Not me!

My friend Kyrsten asked if we'd started any solids yet and we haven't... maybe that will help fill him up a bit more! He will turn 6 months on October 2nd (Par-tay!) and we'll start probably next week with some rice cereal. I did get him a sippy cup and he guzzled about an ounce of water but then spit it all back up a few minutes later! Awesome!

I'm sure we'll have lots more adventures coming up with teething and solids... and teething while nursing... yikes! In the mean time, I'll try to pass some of this fussy time by strolling along the mall.... great distraction for him and enjoyable for mom!

P.S. The picture above was taken shortly after I let him suck on a Twizzler... and then took it away. I had to pry it away from him and he was not happy about that! The picture below is what my normally happy boy normally looks like...

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm sorry he's so fussy. Isn't motherhood just full of its ups and downs?

After she got her shots, Rachel was SO fussy, but she slept through the night three nights in a row. Now she's less fussy but is back to wanting that 4 am feeding. Oh, joy!

Good luck with teething. We'll be joining those ranks soon enough, I'm sure! :)

Olivia Carter said...

He was such a good boy at the mall though! At least you know there are a couple "sure fire" ways to calm him down (ie: the mall, walks, twizzlers)!

Kyrsten said...

Solid foods were such a fun step! They all of the sudden become more mobile, and I found that I wasn't ditchin' into a bathroom everytime we were in public & she needed to eat! :) Did I tell you how I'm making my own babyfood? It's a lot of fun for the first few months & it saves a good chunk of change.