Friday, September 21, 2007

This phone is so cute...


So I've had my cell phone for over 2 years now which in cell phone years is practically ancient. I tell ya they make these things so after the first year the battery dies constantly and it just falls apart forcing you to buy a new one. Then it's impossible to get a decent phone without signing up for a new contract or extending your contract for at least another 2 years... vicious cycle. That must be where they make all their money!

I remember when Lindsay and I were buying our very first cell phones... it was fall of 2001, I was getting ready to come out to BYU. We would go the mall all the time and look at the phone stores over and over again... we thought the Nextel ones would be fun because we could do the whole walky-talky thing. We were determined to find the cutest phones out there! Of course a good service plan was important too but really, the phone HAD to be cute! :) Super practical, I know... We ended up getting an amazing deal with AT&T - they were running a promotion where for every point BYU scored in their game that weekend you could receive a dollar of credit on your bill. What they weren't expecting was for BYU to have the most amazing season ever and we both got about $70 worth of credit due to an awesome high scoring game! I remember getting all the rest of the family to sign up... helpful too because then we were on the same network. Anyways! We got really cute phones. Mine was red.


Now my phone is dying and I need a new one and I think this Blackberry phone is adorable! It's really the only one I even like in the whole store... And I don't even care if I have the internet on it or not - I just want it because it's cute.

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

oh jealous! It's SUPER cute! And that red is SO YOU!

stephanie said...

Yes, that phone is cute. You should get it.
Remember looking for phones in Russia even though using the internet was super annoying and expensive?