Wednesday, March 26, 2008

mini lovefest...

Today was a good day. It's not over yet but it's gone really well so far and I'm just feeling grateful so I'm going to share my thoughts with you all....

Robby didn't wake up too early so that was a nice start. I was able to pick up the house a ton while he followed me around or played by himself which was good - it's hard to find the motivation to clean some mornings and sometimes even when I want to Robby makes it difficult to do so! But today I did all the dishes, organized his toys, did laundry, and even vacuumed! Most of this before he even went down for a nap so that while he was down I could shower and take a break. Pat on my back, thank you very much.

This afternoon we picked Rob up from school and went straight to pick up the Jetta - oh, the Jetta.... the Jetta is a long story... it all started with a striped oil pan. That lead to a fallen out oil plug. Enter: oil light - the bain of my existence. That lead to an empty oil pan (this happened while driving to work, in the course of minutes, not days or anything), which lead to a ruined engine. So we had the engine replaced and the oil light kept coming back on.... we took it to be fixed last week and were hoping that the warranty on the engine work would cover whatever the problem was which apparently it did, thank goodness! Happy day! Anyway, a YEAR later it seems to be in working order. I tell you, if I ever see that *&$%^* oil light come on again in that car! Oh boy!

Jetta, here are some happier memories of you! Like when my mom and dad surprised me at my graduation with the key to you, and then you were in the parking lot of the Marriott Center! And when we drove down to Scottsdale together.... you are a beauty! :)



After dropping Rob back off at school Robby and I met Liv & Cindy for lunch at Bajio's! I have been CRAVING their chicken chimichanga!!!! So delicious! And for some really weird reason I had been dreaming of going to the Bajio's by Provo Town Center. No idea why. I've never been there. It's not different from the one at Riverwoods or anything else.... anyway, we went today and it was truly a dream come true.

So now I'm home, Robby is down for nap #2, house is clean, tummy is full..... lovin' life!

2 comments:

The Bobos said...

Don't you love days like this? You totally forget that it's tough to be a mom and have the attitude, "I can totally do this again!!" So glad you had such a good day!

Cindy said...

Oh.. I feel so honored to have been apart of your fun day! It's ALWAYS fun to get together for lunch! So.. when's our next lunch date....? :)