Friday, March 14, 2008

Skiing at Deer Valley

My dad was in town for a company ski trip so I drove up to Park City Thursday night to meet up with him at the Stein Eriksen Lodge (which was quite nice by the way) and hit the slopes Friday at Deer Valley. We had a great day skiing--the snow was deep. It snowed 8 inches last night and snowed on and off all day. We had 2 guides from Deer Valley take the group around (we skied with my dad's work people) and got some great skiing.

At the end of the day we went and got a drink and some lunch at the Stein Eriksen Lodge
restaurant where we were staying. Word got around that Michael Jordan was there eating lunch, and sure enough, with s0me snooping around we got to see him from about 15 feet away. I didn't know he skied, but apparently he does. It was pretty cool to see him. And it was a great way to finish off a great day of skiing.




P.S. Lindsay--wasn't it you that said you ate at the Stein Eriksen? Was it at the lodge or somewhere else?

4 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

It was me...great memory Robby. I had dinner at the lodge and loved it. Utah seems to be a little lacking in the really good food category but the lodge pulled through.

Lobdell family said...

That is a cool sighting. I never skiied while I lived in Utah but went one time visiting Vermont and NY

katd said...

I have no idea why I didn't realize you guys are in Utah! We adopted Lily from Salt Lake and visited Park City a few times during our wait to take her home. I absolutely fell in love with the area - it's so beautiful! :)

Rob Parsons said...

Linds---I wish I would have remembered that was the place you recommended before we left--I would have eaten something for lunch. We were sitting around waiting to eat but we were outside on the deck and no server came out to us so we never ended up eating anything. We had breakfast there which was pretty good but not amazing. I'm kinda bummed now we didn't get a good meal. Oh well. Maybe next year!! I should have realized that if Michael Jordan is eating there it's probably pretty good.