Sunday, March 09, 2008

sick....... AGAIN!


Well, as if having the stomach flu last weekend wasn't enough poor little Robby woke up from his nap today with an awful fever. It was a little over 102 taking it under his arm and I hear you add a degree to that but I'm not sure. It's been a few weeks since the three of us have gone to church together due to being sick or out of town and so I was a little frustrated that we might miss again but despite his high temperature he seemed ok so we went and he did pretty well.

When we got home he took another nap cause he just seemed exhausted and when he woke up from that he was on fire! His temp then was 104.1 under his arm which made me pretty nervous! I talked to the on call doctor and then we gave him a temp bath and he recommended doing it in the sink and putting 1/2 cup of alcohol in the water, then alternating tylenol and motrin every 3 hours....

By bedtime his temp wasn't quite so bad and hopefully there won't be any problems tonight.... but it was kind of sweet because he was so tired this afternoon he fell asleep just laying on me while I was sitting on the couch.... that NEVER happens! And then before bedtime he and Rob were playing and he was giggling so hard it was adorable. I kind of like the snuggly-ness of sick times....



PS - this went on for about 10 minutes! So cute!

7 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh no! The Carter's were just there a week or so ago! Please let me help if I can- give me a call!

Cindy said...

Oh man, I'm sorry Es. Having a sick one is no fun... But I agree with you, I LOVE how snuggly they are when they're not feeling well. It's the only time Jack sits still!

The Bobos said...

So sorry that he's sick! But I know what you mean about how snuggly they get when they don't feel good...it's the best!! Let me know if there's anything you need. I'm just down the road from you!

Jeff and Hayley said...

Love that video!

Nancy said...

Poor little guy! Being sick is no fun!

Lobdell family said...

I hope that he feels better. I hate it when my kids are sick.

katd said...

Poor little guy! I hope he gets better soon:) And at this age, I don't blame you for loving the snuggles!