Sunday, March 02, 2008

The stomach flu is no bueno...

So I don't think I've ever had the stomach flu. At least I can't remember having it... and I almost commented the other day on how lucky we are that baby Robby hasn't gotten sick hardly ever and then PRESTO!

Friday he threw up in the morning and afternoon and seemed tired but not fussy at all. So we went swimming (see below) and he was so happy and seemed great. We went to Ikea after since it isn't too far from Lehi and.... not so great! We were eating at their cafe there and he was in his stroller, kind of fussing, so I picked him up, gave him a hug and Rob said, "oh no he spit up on your shoulder," and then all of a sudden there was a huge whoosh and all down my shirt and all over me.... yeah.... it was awful. LUCKILY I had a change of clothes in the car that I went out and grabbed but still....

Anyways, since then we've had lots of changing of clothes.... the both of us! And then, Rob felt left out so late last night he decided he'd start having symptoms and was up for hours between the bathroom, couch, and bedroom.... so I've been taking care of my boys, feeling a little sick to my stomach myself but managing to fight it off - at least for now - thank goodness!

Robby seemed to be able to hold down a little bit of his food later today so I think he's on the upswing and poor Rob has slept almost the entire day and hopefully will be better tomorrow for school. For those of you who know him he NEVER gets sick. EVER. Quote: "I think I've had a headache before...." Yeah. So maybe this will help him have more sympathy for me when I need a little extra TLC. ;)

Hope you are all HEALTHY and if you want to stay that way stay away from here for now!

At least we're still smilin'....

5 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Even Rob got sick? Man, that must be a strong flu bug to get him sick! But Rob still looks SO happy. I've got a fever & loose BMs like Syd & Roberto but we're not too bad.

Let me know if I can help!

Nancy said...

My hubby's been sick, too. No fun at all. I'm hoping Rachel and I stay germ-free :)

katd said...

Okay, this is just getting freaky! :) You know, Lily was sick this week, too! It was a cold, though, or I'd really be freaking out:) Man, a stomach flu - I can't imagine! I love that smile, though!!

Lindsey Phipps Wise said...

Hi Esther! What adorable pictures and what a great blog! Sorry to hear about the tummy bug but y'all should be well by now. :) Miss you too and will try to do a better job at keeping in touch via blogs.
X

Cindy said...

Oh...so cute even when sick.... I LOVE that picture! I was just thinking the other day that I don't know what I would do if Jack got the stomach flu... Would I wear a plastic bag all day?! Would I line my house with plastic and towels? It just seems like such a mess... I'm sure you were going crazy!! I'm glad to see that you survived and you look GREAT!