Friday, January 11, 2008

Concealed Firearms Permit

So I applied for my Concealed Firearms Permit about a month ago. I took a class and sent in all the paperwork and when I got back from the break my permit was in the mail. The permit allows me to carry a loaded gun (which can't be seen by others) in public places (except a few restrictions). I don't actually own a gun, let alone many guns, which would necessitate a gun rack (for those Wayne's World fans and an inside joke) but I am planning on getting one. I like to target shoot and I want a gun for protection and so getting a CCW permit was a good intro to getting one. I don't know exactly how I feel about me carrying a gun yet--that's still to be determined.

I realize that this is a topic that people have drastically differing opinions on (including my own siblings) but I do feel like if you are responsible that it can be a useful tool in protecting yourself and your family should the need arise-- and it also can provide some fun entertainment. Feel free to have a different opinion on the topic--you won't change my mind but it can make for some interesting debate!!

And for those who like guns this is the one that I want to get:

HK P2000

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't that the one Jack carried in season three?

Rob Parsons said...

It's made by the same company but it's a different model. This one is very "left-hand" friendly. But yeah--it's very similar.

Mrs. James Quigley said...

Awesome job posting on the blog so much, it has been reading your words. What a great team.

Lobdell family said...

If you feel like you need it than get it. I personally don't like real guns but I love shooting BB guns. My father-in-law is a retired state trooper and hates guns (even while a trooper), and my mother-in-law sleeps with one in her drawer next to her bed.