Thursday, January 31, 2008

What a good birthday!

I had a very excellent birthday today! Thank you for all the calls, cards, texts, emails, and blog shout outs (Rob, Liv, Linds).... I have the best friends in the whole world! The celebration started yesterday when I went to get my hair done.... for FIVE HOURS! Yikes! Rob, Amy, & Nathan watched baby Robby - even put him to bed! - and they did a great job! It definitely is a long process but I'm happy with the result and it was so nice to get a break. Rob posted a pic below but here's a ton more pictures from my birthday today so you can get more of an idea of how it looks!

Rob and I went to lunch at Tucanos today to use our "Birthday Club Free Meal" which was great! Thanks Amanda & Will for watching baby Robby! Then Taba, Anna & Gwen came to hang out for the afternoon - check out the darling tote bag Tab made me for my birthday!


Since eating out is my most favorite thing we got to do it twice! We got some dinner at Costa Vida with Linds & Liv & fam. Sydney was so cute, she kept coming up and talking to Robby, keeping him company...


Then we had some people over for cake and a little game of Catch Phrase! It was great - we had so many little kids in the house - Robby, Syd, Robert, Jack, & Kai (sorry I probably spelled that wrong)! Cindy & Jared's sweet little boy Jack made friends with Rob pretty fast - he sat on his lap for about 20 minutes! So cute!


Liv made a dee-LISH chocolate cake! She knows I'm kind of picky when it comes to cake - I don't really like icing... but I sure do LOVE chocolate! And this cake was awesome! Baby Robby was a fan too! (that's me licking the chocolate off his hands after him grabbing at it from my plate) Cindy also brought over a pie which luckily we didn't end up serving till the end so I get to eat most of it myself! :)



Thanks for all the great gifts! I think I was pretty spoiled...



It was such a great day! Thanks for helping me feel so special! Did you get enough pictures of my new hairdo? Pretty sure you did.... :)


(p.s. i hate how my head always looks bigger than rob's in pictures like this so he put his face all close to the camera to make me feel better.... kind of funny....)

4 comments:

Mrs. James Quigley said...

I am so glad that you had such a good birthday. I love the bag your sister made, I want to make one. Costa Vida, I am so jealous, that is what I am craving most right now. Oh, I also like your hair. Oh and I wish that had some Chocolate cake with you guys. Happy Birthday.

The Bobos said...

I love your hair!! It looks really good on you. You'll have to let me know where you got it done - I'm always looking for a good hairdresser. So glad you had a great birthday!

The Thatchers said...

Esther--your hair looks super cute!! Sounds like you had a great birthday!! Happy late Birthday!!

Jennie said...

Es! Happy birthday beautiful! The hair's gorgeous and I'm glad you had a great day!