Thursday, January 10, 2008

In honor of meeting Jon and Kate Plus 8 . . .

I was thinking about other celebrities that we've met. So here's the list:

-Jon and Kate Plus 8 on our flight on Sunday

-Marc Roberge (lead singer of O.A.R. in the Summer of 2005 in New York City)
-Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox (they waved and smiled at me in Mexico when they stayed at the same resort as we did in January 2007)

-Steve Young (at a BYU Management Society dinner I got to pick him up from the airport with my dad and Bill Johnson and then got to go up to his hotel room for a few minutes)
-LaVell Edwards (at a BYU Management Society Dinner)

Dick Vitale (the ESPN announcer), Lute Olsen (Arizona basketball coach), and some of the Arizona Wildcats basketball team (in an elevator in New York at the Marriott in Times square when they were there for a tournament)

-Bill Walton (former basketball player) at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta

-Stuart Scott, Bill Murray (at the NBA Finals in New Jersey in 2002)
-Tiger Woods (very briefly he signed his autograph for me and Will Egan among a group of people during a practice round at the U.S. Open in 1997 in Potomac, MD)

-Bronco Mendenhall last winter at Sundance when he was there with his kids


If I think of any more I'll be sure to edit. Any other celebrity sightings out there? Be sure to comment and let us know!!

P.S. Esther just added all the pictures :)

13 comments:

Cory said...

so I'm not really sure why, but I didn't know you had a blog! and then I saw the link on Moses and Jennie's blog, so now I can frequent your blog. wahoo! and my goodness you've met a ton of famous folk! :)

Smithy said...

Arnold Schwarzenegger is my claim to fame.

Lindsay Jane said...

Smithy met Arnold? Seriously? And Robby, I think YOU'RE a celebrity since you've met so many!

MEREDITH said...

So you have met John and Kate plus 8? I am so jealous would love to hear the story... Well that and Tiger Woods...

mostly Stacy said...

quite an impressive sports lists. Steve is sitting here and is a little stunned. He asked me how you have been to all these sporting events... (olympics, march madness, nba finals)
I'm afraid my list only goes as far as local celebrities. Donny Osmond anyone? Hey one of my clients is on the cover of the latest Utah Valley Bride, does that count :)

Esther Noelle said...

Yeah, my husband is basically a celebrity.... does that make me one since I'm married to him? And you guys are all my friends so BASICALLY.... yeah, we're all awesome! :)

Rob Parsons said...

Never been to March Madness . . . my dad left me home for that one! (He went to San Antonio in 1998 with my mom). I don't remember what basketball tournament that was in New York but I wasn't there for that. It just happened to occur at the same time.

My dad and I love sports and so we tried to go to a lot of them, and he got tickets through work or other acquaintances a lot. When he was working at Marriott the company had floor seats to the Wizards so we got to use those every once in a while. My sporting events wish list is the Super Bowl, Final Four, the Masters Golf Tournament, and College Football National Championship Game.

Some of the most fun memories I have are from sports trips with my dad. For a couple years we'd travel to a Monday Night Football game. He also took me and my friend Will Egan on a business trip to New York one weekend just before I left on my mission because there was the U.S. Open and Game 4 of the NBA Finals both going on in that week. So we went and saw Kobe and Shaq finish the sweep of the Nets on Thursday, and then saw Tiger dominate on Friday. Definitely some of my fondest memories!!

Lobdell family said...

I met Mark Eaton, Big T THurl Bailey, Cory Crowder (former Jazz), John Stockton, Karl Malone, LaVelle Edwards, Steve Young, Ty Detmer, BYU BAsketball teams 1998-2000 (My husband worked for the UVSC paper), Brian Jordan (Atlanta Brave), Don Sutton (Baseball Hall of Famer), The actor, (lost his name)portraying Joseph SMith in the current videos is serving his mission in our area.
Those are my claims to fame.

Mrs. James Quigley said...

I talked to Tom Hanks, and Stephanie and I both kind of talked to Kelly Ripa. It is fun meeting famous people.

Rob Parsons said...

Where'd you meet Tom Hanks? That's a big sighting!

Mrs. James Quigley said...

We even talked, I nearly made him late for Regis and Kelly....it was awesome.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

If you want to play Madden, NCAA Football, FIFA, NHL2K or Fight Night tournaments on your Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 online for money - we recruit for beta-testers now. Join us on Facebook before March 31 and you can receive $2,000 in cash: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=298821430083&_fb_noscript=1