Saturday, January 12, 2008

I LOVE true stories....

It's kind of humorous how I can watch a movie, like it, but just knowing it's "based on a true story" makes it so much better!!

We just watched Freedom Writers with Hilary Swank. It's good. REALLY GOOD. What a neat story... here's the link to the actual Freedom Writers Foundation that the story is based on.

Some other "true story" movies I like are:

Erin Brockovich
Remember the Titans
Glory Road
Pursuit of Happiness
Invincible
Eight Below
Gridiron Gang
We are Marshall
Cinderella Man
Seabuscuit
Cool Runnings
A Beautiful Mind
Hotel Rwanda
Rudy
The Other Side of Heaven
Miracle

(I would've posted links to all of these but it would've taken me FOREVER so I didn't! Sorry!)


What true story movies do you like?

3 comments:

Julie Clark said...

The Ron Clark Story. It was never in theaters but we saw it on tv and it was amazing!! A teacher from North Carolina goes and teaches a 6th grade class in Inner Harlem, NY. It's awesome. I love Cool Runnings!!! That's a great show too.

Olivia Carter said...

I agree true stories are the best. There is supposed to be one coming out, The Debtors (something like that), with Denzel Washington. I also like scary stories based on true stories, it makes them REALLY scary!

Anonymous said...

I personally liked Catch Me If You Can, Schindler's List, Charlie Wilson's War, Men of Honor, and Immortal Beloved. Most of the movies I purchase are from http://www.familyediteddvds.com and they provide a free edited backup version of the movie with every DVD purchased. There are a lot of good movies out there that are based on true stories!