Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Electricity....

So the last two months of living in our new place our electricity bill has doubled... at least! We now have an electric stove instead of gas which I'm sure is a factor but wow!!!! I just was not expecting it to be so high.

On our electric company's website, Rocky Mountain Power, they give this little illustration to show the cost to operate some typical household items....


Since getting last month's bill I've been way more conscious of how much electricity I'm using.... turning all the lights off... trying to remember to turn the dvd player off! (Rob gives me a hard time cause I ALWAYS leave it on!)

Anyways, this has just been on my mind and I liked this little illustration - maybe we need to air dry our clothes.... so.... THERE YOU GO!

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Boo on energy costs! It's killin' the Carter family!

Mrs. James Quigley said...

I heard that actually unplugging things out of the wall helps too. I heard that you should plug things into a powerstrip then at night or when not in use take the power strip out of the wall. Boo to being a grown up.