Friday, July 25, 2008

Kellie Pickler Concert!

Last night we went to a Kellie Pickler concert! Malea was kind enough to pass on tickets she got from work! She knew we've liked her ever since American Idol and saw her when she went on tour with Rascal Flatts. We took Andrew & Becca with us and together we celebrated their 9 year wedding anniversary, the day Rob left on his mission 7 years ago, and Pioneer Day! Happy July 24th!!

First I have to mention that we ate at Pei Wei off 106 south and it was so yummy! It's basically PF Changs but cheaper, kind of cafeteria style... and to be honest, I like their version of Mongolian Beef even more!! They even have the same delicious lettuce wraps! Now we're just wondering if the 25 minute drive is worth the price difference.... I just need another excuse to go to Sandy. Or there's also one in Sugarhouse near Taba!



Back to the concert...



It was such a blast! We had great seats, enjoyed the opening acts - the Star of the West competition and a guy named Charley Jenkins. Charley Jenkins was a really fun performer - at one point he was running around the whole place singing Elvis songs and giving high fives and we cheered and he came and held my hand for a sec! Rob's response was, "wait till Kellie comes out!" Ha ha ha.... Then he asked for people to come down to dance in the front and Becca really wanted to go and Andrew was not budging so I sent Rob to dance with his sister. It was so funny! See:



Kellie was so fun! She's just so sweet and ditzy and cute! Lots of angry songs about ex boyfriends but a couple songs that brought tears to your eyes too! At one point I was cheering really loud and she waved right at me! Becca caught a picture right after that moment that I might have to post later!

This was the view from our seats w/no zooming in - we were really close!


And it looked like there was a special musical guest, Jeremy Dodge! Does this guy not look so much like him? I couldn't get over it! Couldn't get a great pic of him but hopefully you can tell!


And a not great picture of Kellie... but she was standing right in front of me basically!


After the concert it looked like people were waiting outside for fireworks, camping chairs and all! We stopped the car and waited... and watched... a couple of sparklers going off 20 miles away was pretty much all we saw! Hence the pitch black background in the picture!

It was a super fun date night! Since A&B have moved here we've done lots of hanging out and watching movies at home but it was great to get out and have that "freedom" of being without any kids! Wahoo! Thanks, Malea, for thinking of us and giving us the tickets!!!!!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Ha ha... that does look like my sweetie and he only wishes he played the guitar like that for reals!
They are putting in a Pei Wei by my house too so if you ever come on up with Linds and Liv we could hit that location up too.

Cindy said...

That looks like SO much fun! I LOVE concerts!

Wendi said...

How much fun! I seriously love Pei Wei's. Cameron and I used to eat there all the time when we first got married; there was one right next to our apartment. Yum! And totally cheaper than PFC. You look so good! Looks like summer is treating you guys great!

Olivia Carter said...

That's SO FUN! I'm glad you guys had a good time & had such great seats! And Pei Wei is SO GOOD- thanks for introducing me to it!

katd said...

Oh my goodness, what fun!! I need to get to a concert soon. It's been...hmmm...how old is Lily? :) Far too long!
Those are great pictures, too!

Lobdell family said...

Hello cousins!! That looks like a lot of fun. That is cool that you are all brother and sister and inlaws to.