Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Trip down memory lane........

Sorry but I was going through some old pictures and thought it'd be fun to scan these and funny for you all to see some really old pictures of us!

For those who don't know Rob and I met a long, long time ago! We were in 6th grade and just 12 years old. Oh, that fateful night at the roller skating rink where our older siblings helped me get to "couple skate" with him and he didn't say a single word to me. He looked so "cool" in his red bandanna and black roller blades. Believe it or not it was love at first sight for me. You might not think that is possible for kids who look as ridiculous together as these:
Oh boy!!!! Can we talk about my Sailor Moon shirt and huge baggy pants? So, I don't know the date we met at the Stake rollerskating activity but this is shortly after (in my skewed memory) at Rob's sister, Lizzie's, surprise 16th birthday party! My first time dancing with Rob. We danced to 3 songs that night - I Will Remember You by Sarah McLaughlin, You're My Inspiration by Chicago, and No Woman No Cry by Bob Marley.

After that I started tagging along with my older brother Andrew while he "courted" Rob's older sister, Becca. This meant I was able to go to lots and lots of Rob's football games from 7th - 9th grade! I went to as many as I could. I even went to some Football awards night thing with him and his family which now seems a little funny but I'm glad I got to tag along! And I know you like my leather flower choker here, really cute, huh?

And then all the times we made our parents drive us back and forth between Potomac and Kensington (a 20 - 30 minute drive) so we could hang out! Here's us at John Sabin's house. Rob and the boys were all playing basketball so he was all sweaty but that didn't stop me from wanting to sit next to him! Gotta love the giant Pooh Bear in the middle. One of my first gifts ever from Rob was a Pooh Bear holding felt roses. I slept with it every night for years. Just while we're on the embarrassing admissions in my life! :)

This is when we got a teeny bit older - more like the summer after 8th grade I think. I'd just come back from a Trunnell reunion in Sandpoint, Idaho and thought I looked so good with my tan and my colorful tank top and Army jacket! This was the first night seeing him after weeks and weeks! Note the Nike shirt Rob has on - he was obsessed with Nike....

One reason I married Rob is simply because I have always have been in love with him and really believe I would be for the rest of my life and that'd just be awkward to be married to someone else and still be weak in the knees in love with HIM. This is getting cheesy. It's just really funny to me to think that this strong bond was formed at such a young age when we both looked totally awkward and were so immature. I look at my younger brother in laws and think about the way Rob and I were and can not imagine them having feelings for someone like that. It just seems impossible!

Sorry if this was totally boring but at least you probably had a good laugh, huh??

18 comments:

Cindy said...

That is SO cute! I can't imagine what it must be like to be married to your 1st love! :)

jessamyn said...

I love it!

Olivia Carter said...

Whoa! That was a fan trip down memory lane! Love the pictures- I totally forgot how young you guys were- you hear the age 12 and you think oh, that's young. Then you see pictures from the age of 12 and you say- WHOA that's young!

AP said...

i take all the credit for this marriage! ;-) haha! cute post es -- it's fun to see those pics. becca and i should do a similar post, even though we were SO much older than you guys when we first met (14 & 15 is WAY older than 12!). something about that parsons/pincock combination was meant to be :-)

Malea said...

Oh, Esther, that was such a great post! I LOVE looking back! I can't believe how young we all were! I totally remember going to those football games. How crazy that you married ROBBY PARSONS! I love it!

Lobdell family said...

I love the story. That is really cool.

Maran said...

Wow! Rob looks so different to me. I think a lot of people went through that Nike loving, socks to the knees look in 8th grade. That's really funny. How cute that you guys have loved each other for so long. I love hearing stories like this!

Merrady said...

awww, yay. true love wins. it was so good to see you for a minute at carmen's. there were soo many people to catch up with, i was overwhelmed, but at least i got to meet little robby! love you!

ME ME ME said...

Oh my gosh! That is so weird to see you both so young. And whats crazy is that you look pretty much exactly the same yet so different at the same time, if that makes sense. i LOVED this post. So cute and classic. I hope you guys are doing well. I want to come visit again soon.

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

Oh these pictures are too much! I just love them, the history between you guys is sooo cute! So fun to see you guys!!!

Sara said...

wow.. someone get the tissue box, that is just so dang cute!! hahah Hey FYI my husband is like totally in to guns now... I need robby's email, so brad can do ask him somethings :) Anyways, he's lookin at a hand gun.. sorry ruin your romantic post with gun talk. good bye :)

The Romney Family said...

Ok, I don't think you should be allowed to post that picture with me in it without my express permission!!!! Wow, embarrassing! haha jk That post was adorable--gotta love the way our family does things. :) Pick 'em young and then you've got all those extra years to train them!

mostly Stacy said...

So stinkin cute. I met mine at 16 not 12 but I totally felt like we grew up together. Love the roller skating thing. Too bad Rob was at a lost for words he could have borrowed my go to line during the couples skate, "So, what radio staion do you listen to?" I was way cool.

Tiffany said...

this was so cute, Es! No matter how many times I hear this story I still think it's darling and so fun to hear. Didn't he not kiss you till you were like 17 and you asked him to prom??

Jeff and Hayley said...

Love it Esther! So fun to read :)

The Thatchers said...

HAHAHAHA!!! SO cute!!! I had no idea you guys knew each other for so long!! I love it. Oh, and I vote MAC all the way. I tried forever to convince Chey to get an IMAC, he decided to get a PC, then he bought me a Macbook and he fell in love with it, then we got him the MacBook Air...he sold our PC and bought an IMAC!! Should have listened to me in the first place!! But seriously we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our MACS!!! You can do SO much with them, you can sync all them together. We also have Apple TV which I absolutely HEART!!

katd said...

You guys are so cute!! In that last picture, Rob looks SO much like Robby! :)
What a great love story you have to tell!

dede said...

okay those pictures are the best thing I have ever seen. Love the stories as well. Too good!