Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Stay Put bowls

I was about to buy this suction put bowl thing from Ikea but it came in a pack with one bowl, bib, and cup. Since I didn't really want the bib and cup and what I wanted was several bowls I didn't get it.

At Wal-Mart the other day I spotted this pack of Munchkin Stay Put Suction Bowls and they are great! The suction part is permanently attached to the bowl and they even come with lids.

The goal is for Robby to learn how to self feed and while the bowls aren't magic they are helping make less of a mess in the process!



P.S. He's eating cottage cheese which he loves! Not much of it made it from the bowl, on the spoon, in the mouth, but that's ok! Robby did get curious and kept trying to pull the bowl off and eventually he could do it but it was way better than a non stay put bowl!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

One of my favorite things about kids is that they're constantly learning new things, and we get to watch as they explore the world. Learning to eat with a spoon requires such focus, I bet he was cute trying!

Olivia Carter said...

Ah heck, why didn't we invent this! RAD! He's such a cutie!

katd said...

I have got to pick some of those up. Lily even tries to grab the spoon from me now because she wants to do it herself, but I hate the mess. Isn't that awful? :) These would probably really help...or at least she wouldn't dump the entire bowl at once. :)

Smithy said...

the things they invent these days - it's amazing!

Cindy said...

That bowl is SO cool! I need to get some for Jack! Rob looks SO cute!

ERK, MRK, & GRK said...

Do the bowls come with a darling little boy like yours??? What a cutie!