Monday, July 21, 2008

Lots of random updates....

The days have just been flying by lately! Whew!

Friday Robby had his 15 month apt (couple weeks late, whatever). He's growing up so fast and he feels so heavy lately! For record purposes here are his "stats"- and you can look at his one year post here:

12 month apt....
weight: 21 lbs 4 oz - 25th %
length: 30 in - 60th %
head: 46.5 - 50th %

15 month apt....
weight: 25 lbs 6 oz - 60th %
length: 32 in - 75th %
head: 47 cm - 50th %

So yes, he is considerably heavier! I love his little chunky torso and thick legs! He's so squishable and kissable! I love it!



Robby had a fever all day Friday and then had a weird crying fit in the middle of the night Saturday - it was scary, he cried for about an hour and would NOT calm down! I was about ready to go to the emergency room but then he settled down and did ok till morning.

Saturday we spent the entire day running errands - literally from 10 am - 3 pm - and we now have one more bookshelf, a desk for my sewing machine, and we have ORDERED our entertainment center from All the Great Rooms. Ok. We are making SOME progress in that department. They said three weeks.... we shall see....

I joined Gold's Gym a few weeks ago and have been trying to get Robby used to the daycare there so I can actually use my membership. The first two times he was miserable and they had to come get me and I didn't really work out much. Today we went (Liv is such a champ, coming to the Gold's closer to me with her 2 kids so Robby will be more comfortable in daycare) and he did much better! I'll go almost every day this week and hopefully he'll realize mom really does come back! I think he has lots of fun and would like it once he figures that out. But hello! I'm working out! This is a big accomplishment for me!

In other news... I've been trying to make an effort to cook some more interesting meals and in the last week I've made lasagna and spaghetti squash. I'm pretty proud of myself! Here's the recipes....

Spaghetti Squash

1 squash
1 onion
2 tomatoes
salt & pepper
mozzarella & parmesan cheese
pam or butter spray
Cut & remove seeds from squash. Cut tomatoes and onions in small pieces. Place them in squash (pack 'em in!) and then salt & pepper. Cover in cheese. Spray w/pam or butter (I didn't do this mainly because I didn't read that part of the recipe but it tasted fine with out it). Cook in oven covered at 350 for at least an hour - we did an hour and a half! Just start scraping the edges and see if it's tender enough for you. Wish I had a picture of the finished product but I forgot!!! But it was really yummy! I got this recipe from Noelle Hendrix from my old ward.

Easy Lasagne - you don't have to boil the noodles and it turned out great!

This one comes from the Kentlands Ward cookbok which is amazing! Too bad it's not for sale.

Ok and one last thing that's worth mentioning is Spinach Smoothies!

When we stayed at cousin Kristin's for... forever?... she would make spinach smoothies daily and we loved them! Then Tutus and Turtles posted a recipe for one as well. Liv and I have really taken to these puppies!

There's lots of variations but this is how I do mine:

First blend:
1 C. orange juice
2 C. fresh spinach (not the frozen kind)
1 C. fresh kale (cut out the thick center stem) or subsitute extra spinach - sometimes I don't use kale if I don't have any

Blend until smooth and green

Add:
1 banana
1/4 C. frozen raspberries
1/2 C. frozen strawberries
couple spoonfuls of vanilla yogurt

YUM! I love them and so does baby Robby! And while I know they have lots of sugar in them from all the fruit they still feel healthy and at least we're getting spinach somehow! :)

This is a long random post that I probably should've split into about six separate ones but oh well. I'll try to keep more on top of things!

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

That spinach shake is SO GOOD! HURRAY! And, dang, that squash stuff was THE BOMB!

Those pics of Quattro are SO CUTE!

Cindy said...

Thanks for posting the shake thing.. I'm excited to try it!